Thursday, April 16, 2009

Knitting Lists

I've decided to make a list to organize my knitting projects, future knitting projects and figure out how to get the most out of my knitting time. I believe a list can help in any situation.

Current WIPs:
1. Wicked sweater - it's still progressing slowly.
2. Spring Cable socks - not so much progress.
3. Claudia Hand Painted Boot Camp socks - no progress, which is stupid since I'm halfway through the second sock. I'll get to it.
4. Baby Blanket squares - I don't work on those if I can help it. I'll kick it into gear if someone gets pregnant. Until then, there are too many other projects for me to care.
5. Popped socks - These aren't really a "current WIP" because I frogged my first attempt, but I'll be casting on with bigger needles very shortly.

Future Projects:
1. Toe-up socks - Jenny brought home Socks from the Toe Up by Wendy Johnson from the library and there are lots of cute patterns in there. I have to learn to do toe-up.
2. Dream In Color shrug - I don't know yet what we're doing for bridesmaid dresses for Jenny's wedding, but if we do blue skirts with black tops, I want to knit this shrug for the wedding. And, of course, for every day wear.
3. Some sort of fair isle with all my new Knitpicks Essential Kettle Dyed yarn.
4. I want to design some socks. I feel like being creative.
5. I need to find a pattern for my seriously blue yarn that I dyed. It will have to be just the right pattern, though.

Yarns I Want (BAD):
1. I still want yarnlust's Glitter Sock Yarn so bad, but it'll be a long while before I have that kind of money to piss away.
2. DIC Smooshy - I still haven't worked with it and I think we've decided that it seriously works with every sock pattern out there. And the colors are gorgeous.
3. Numma Numma Toasty - I hear it's good. I'm intrigued.
4. sKnitches Syncopation Self-Striping - I'm not a huge fan of self-striping yarn usually, but this stuff is so pretty!
5. Goth socks - Same with the Syncopation. And I love the deep "gothic" colors. Want!

So, those are my lists. I will move forward into my knitting with a clearer head and a more organized idea of what I want. And I will accomplish my goals and finish my projects.

... Maybe.

1 comment: