Monday, April 13, 2009

No Pictures!

I have much to comment on, but Jenny left our camera at her fiance's family's house yesterday, so I have no pictures. It's a shame because Jenny got my freshly dyed blue yarn untangled and wound into a cake, so I'd like to get a picture of it sometime soon. It is a very bright royal blue color. There is definitely some very slight variegation of color. It will probably be just enough to give the knitting a bit of depth. I may knit a test swatch in the coming days.

I also cast on for Popped (which I keep accidentally typing as 'pooped'). I'm so excited about these socks, but there are a couple of problems there. First, all the knitting through the back loop hurts my hands so bad. I'm so tense and tight that my hands cramp up after 10 minutes of knitting. Second, because I'm so tense and tight, my gauge is very tight and I'll have to restart on larger needles - my foot won't fit into them as is. I've only gotten a few rows into the pattern, so it's not a big deal to restart.

My sweater is progressing slowly, but there's progress, so I'm happy. I know the pattern is extremely easy (Wicked), but I'm so excited I haven't messed it up yet. Like, at all! My sleeves are symmetrical (so far) and everything!

My Spring Cable socks are sleepy, so I'm giving them a rest. I'll wake them up in a little while. I have the knitting ADD.

1 comment:

  1. So, quit pooping, and get Popped! Hmmm, that sounds funy. . .but, I think you know what I meant!

    Anyway, thanks for the comment on my blog! This was the only way I could think to contact you. . .I think a set would be nice, too! And I just did some new polymer clay beads this evening! pictures next blog, I think!

    Have a great day/night/week - Have a great everything! And Happy Knitting!

    ReplyDelete