Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The Knitting Blues

Knitting is starting to bum me out. I had to rip out my blue Snake River socks tonight. I was frustrated about not being able to find my spot when I went back a few rows, so I decided to rip back to before the heel to make it easier on me. I figured I would then do a short row heel to simplify things. But when I ripped back, I noticed a couple of mistakes when I went to restart and my perfectionism kicked in.

It seems like all I've been doing lately is knitting and ripping, knitting and ripping. I know I shouldn't be so picky and just keep knitting through the mistakes, but I just can't help it. On top of all that, the projects that I currently (still) have on the needles aren't exciting me. They're all so boring.

I'm in a slump. I just have to wait for my next knitting surge. Until then... the card making bug bit me again, so I've been keeping myself busy with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment