Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Spinning

I haven't been doing much knitting lately. Ever since I messed up my Snake River sock at knitting last week, then spent a couple days trying to figure out where I was in the pattern, then throwing the darned thing aside... Well, I'm slightly perturbed with the knitting, so I'm taking a break.

But! I did spin my first yarn. Other than the couple of times I tried spinning when Jenny got her wheel, it was my first attempt. It is by no means a great finished product, but I'm proud of it. And the good news? I got the hand of it a little more toward the end, so next time I try, it'll probably be way better! Hooray! Anyway, here is my very first handspun...



See those huge lumps of poorly drafted fiber on the left there? That was totally toward the beginning of the process. Improvement, I tell you! :)

1 comment: